The High Court in Delhi gave permission for conducting Open Book Examinations (OBE) to Delhi University Final Year Students. The OBE is all set to begin from 10 August to 31 August 2020.
The order was pronounced by a Single Judge Bench of Justice Prathiba M Singh in the petition favoured by the students of Delhi University. Candidates had defied the varsity’s judgment to conduct the online OBE, mentioning it to be unfair.
The Court has administered Delhi University and UGC to follow the guidelines passed in the order.
Guidelines indicated for Delhi University includes the following:
- Question paper to be uploaded on the portal and sent to students’ email ID.
- Regular students shall be given the complete three hours for answering the question papers. Students to be given an extra hour for uploading the answer sheet.
- Students under the PWD category are given one more hour for downloading the question paper, completing their answers and uploading the answer sheets i.e., a total of six hours.
- Students can scan the answer sheets page by page or question wise and upload the same on the DU portal within the 7MB limit or convert their answer sheets into PDF files either question wise or in entirety and e-mail the same to the central email address and/or to the respective college/department/faculty email.
- Auto-generated email to be sent confirming receipt of the answer sheet.
- Details of Nodal officer, Central Email ID to be published.
- Common Service Centre to notify all its centres by the end of the day.
- There shall be a grievance officer to address the issues raised by the students. In case of a non-redressal, complaint to be forwarded to the Grievance Committee.
- Grievance Committee reconstituted under the aegis of Justice (retd) Pratibha Rani.
- Grievance Committee to function till OBE continues, complaints to be addressed within 5 days.
- The uploaded answer sheets of students shall be simultaneously sent for evaluation to the respective teachers/faculty to ensure that the declaration of results is not delayed in any manner.
- OBE results ought to be announced in a short period.
After pronouncing the order, Justice Prathiba Singh said: “I wish all the students as well as the University all the best for conducting the exams”. The Court will next consider the matter on 22 September to discover the acknowledgement of its directions.
Those students who could not be able to appear for the online examinations would be given another chance to appear for the exams later in the month of September.
List of Top Colleges in India
👉🏻😊😊 Never let yourself down…
👉🏻 Keep working Hard✍️
👉🏻 Believe yourself 😇 🙌🙌
Do you have Any College-related Query? Ask Here for Quick Answer
Best of Luck…!!! 👍👍👍